Contact David Kirk by email direct by clicking on his name

01392 474303

How Do I Get My Maternity Pay If My Employer Goes Into Liquidation Or Administration?

The quick answer

If your employer goes into Liquidation or Administration then your maternity pay will be paid by HM Revenue and Customs.

They will take up where your employer left off and pay the following at the statutory level (not the level if your employer was paying you more):

  • Maternity pay
  • Sick pay
  • Paternity pay
  • Adoption pay

The Licensed Insolvency Practitioner acting as liquidator or administrator of your employer should help you do this.

In more detail

The excess owed to you by your employer not paid by H M Revenue and Customs may be claimed from the company in liquidation although you may not be paid in full and it may take many months.

If you are having problems getting paid for the statutory amounts contact the Licensed Insolvency Practitioner dealing with the liquidation or the HM Revenue and Customs national helpline.


If you need insolvency advice the earlier you talk to someone like us the better as you will have more options. We can help, contact us today.

More questions in this section

David Kirk


David Kirk ACA FABRP

We have just worked with Kirks to complete the closure of our company. Everything went smoothly and professionally. I would recommend this firm and the staff who were very very helpful and quickly finalised everything. Thank you Kirks.
Carol Hill



Sign up to our newsletter

Request a callback

Simply fill out the short form below and I will get back to you.

David Kirk Portrait

David Kirk

Licensed Insolvency Practitioner